Troutman Pepper seeks a technology specialist or a patent agent to join our Health Sciences Department in any of our offices. A PhD in chemistry, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field is preferred.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Developing and implementing patent filing strategies;
- Preparing patent applications under the supervision of a patent attorney;
- Preparing and analyzing search results for patentability, freedom to operate, clearance, validity/invalidity and infringement/non-infringement assessments;
- Analyzing office actions and preparing responses under the supervision of a patent attorney;
- Conducting interviews with Patent Office examiners and other patent prosecution-related activities;
- Assisting with patent opinions, supporting intellectual property licensing and other general litigation transactions;
- Writing scientific and technical documents in clear concise English;
- Managing a docket with multiple clients and deadlines;
Successful candidates are forward thinking, thorough and detail oriented. Candidates should possess substantive academic and professional knowledge and work well with others in a law firm environment and have excellent time management skills which they can utilize both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
For inquiries or additional information on this position, please contact Gillian Sacks at firstname.lastname@example.org.