Postdoctoral Fellow- Respiratory Biology and Disease
At Novartis, we are committed to training the next generation of scientific leaders. This postdoctoral fellowship offers aspiring drug hunters a unique opportunity to join our Respiratory Biology Group at the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF). Mentored by GNF scientific leaders, the postdoctoral fellows will gain first-hand experience in the design and development of breakthrough therapies and innovative technologies for the treatment of lung diseases.
A postdoctoral position is available for a highly motivated scientist interested in tissue repair and regeneration in respiratory diseases. The successful candidate will become a key contributor in a dynamic research team dedicated to improving organ repair and resolving abnormal tissue remodeling. The candidate will join the respiratory disease postdoc cluster at GNF and will be working with a large group of scientists on regenerative medicine across different disease settings. The successful candidate will have access to state-of-art high throughput technologies and proprietary genomics tools at GNF. The ideal candidate should have outstanding communication and writing skills, strong passion and commitment to science and the ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- PhD degree holders, and PhD students in the last year of their thesis work in cell biology and/or developmental biology
- Experience or demonstrated interest in lung biology and respiratory diseases
- Proven ability to independently design and execute incisive experiments and interpret results
- Strong record of scientific achievement: publications, conference presentations, patents, etc.
- Curiosity toward learning cutting-edge industrial drug and target discovery techniques.
- Research experience in stem cell biology, and/or lung diseases.
- The postdoctoral fellow will receive opportunities for scientific and career development to prepare for their next step in academia or industry. GNF postdoctoral fellows are encouraged to publish and patent their work at the institute.
Find out more about this opportunity here: https://www.gnf.nibr.com/careers/career-search/job-details/287733BR or send an email directly to email@example.com.