October 23-26, 2022
Application Due: August 10, 2022
Cornell Future FIRST Faculty Symposium is a program for graduating doctoral students and advanced-level postdoctoral fellows interested in exploring faculty careers at Cornell University and cultivating relationships with hiring departments. The three-day symposium seeks to
- Provide the opportunity to establish research relationships with current faculty and research centers at Cornell
- Showcase the research of exceptional early-career scholars
- Invite participants to explore NIH FIRST future faculty career opportunities at Cornell
Participants will spend time on the Ithaca Campus, meeting with colleagues, mentors, and peers in their disciplines, sharing their research, hearing about opportunities, and preparing to launch their job search path into academia.
Upon completion of the program, participants will:
- Meet colleagues, mentors, and peers in their disciplines to forge connections and collaborations
- Understand how to establish and maintain a successful research program and productive academic career
- Learn about the faculty search process and prepare materials for launching their academic job search
- Understand and plan for the rigors of a faculty career at R1 research institutions including Cornell in respective fields
For its Inaugural Year, they are inviting Early-Career applicants whose research engages with quantitative biomedical sciences (including biomedical engineering, systems biology, epidemiology, and quantitative modeling), infection biology (including immunology, bacteriology, virology, and public health), and health equity (including behavioral science, public health, health policy, and health communication) to apply. Twenty-eight applicants will be selected to participate in the program.
Early-Career applicants demographically underrepresented in their disciplines are highly encouraged to apply! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org