Senior Research Investigator, Oncology Discovery
Job Summary (Primary function)
Incyte Discovery is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Cancer Biologist to play a key role in advancing an innovative Oncology / Immuno-Oncology drug discovery pipeline. The successful candidate will support the identification and validation of novel cancer targets and have the opportunity to lead small molecule drug discovery programs. S/he is expected to be knowledgeable in the application of cutting-edge molecular, cellular, genetic and pharmacological techniques to develop preclinical disease models. Using a broad range of innovative approaches, s/he is expected to provide deep mechanistic understanding of the target biology and determine the effects of investigational agents. Additionally, the candidate will have the opportunity to support current clinical stage development programs and to work with external collaborators to advance the Discovery pipeline. The successful candidate is expected to be a team player excited to work in multidisciplinary project teams.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Independently design, execute, analyze and present research findings to internal and external audiences.
- Develop disease-relevant preclinical models to address mechanistic questions of target biology.
- Support cancer drug discovery programs from target initiation to the selection of clinical candidate(s).
- Manage multiple projects and collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the Organization.
- Supervise and manage the activities of research associates.
- Ph.D. and relevant post-doctoral or industry experience in Cancer Cell Biology, Tumor Immunology, Cancer Genetics, or related field
- Competitive candidates are expected to have a strong track-record of independent and innovative research as evidenced by publications in top-tier scientific journals and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Proficient in computational tools and genomic data analysis (e.g. TCGA, DepMap, etc) is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring junior scientists.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
For more information, contact: email@example.com