iBiology is offering a free, 6-week online course that teaches how to think through the design and execution of experiments.
Scientists from a variety of backgrounds give concrete steps and advice to help you build a framework for how to design experiments in biological research. Case studies make the abstract more tangible. In science, there is often no simple right answer. However, with this course, you can develop a general approach to experimental design and understand what you are getting into before you begin.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- A detailed plan for your experiment(s) that you can discuss with a mentor.
- A flowchart for how to prioritize experiments.
- Tips and best practices for how to get started with an experiment.
- A lab notebook template that is so impressively organized, it will make your colleagues envious.
- A framework to do rigorous, reproducible research.
The course is built with a busy schedule in mind and is designed to take 1.5 to 3 hours per week. It begins Tuesday, February 19, 2019. Content will be released week-by-week each Tuesday.
For more details and to register, click here.