Why Stony Brook IRACDA?
RESEARCH. TEACHING. DIVERSITY.
The IRACDA program provides talented postdocs a 3-year mentored fellowship allowing them to spend 75% of their time on research and 25% on pedagogy training and teaching at one of their partnering institutions:
- Brooklyn College
- Farmingdale State College
- Suffolk County Community College
- SUNY Old Westbury
IRACDA provides a non-traditional postdoctoral training experience to prepare scholars for a career in academia, benefits include:
- Three-year postdoctoral appointment (renewable annually) with full fringe benefits
- Mentored research experience at Stony Brook University
- Pedagogy training
- Grant writing training
- Mentored teaching experience at institutions that serve underrepresented populations
- Membership in the national IRACDA community with sponsored travel to annual meetings
- Sponsored travel to scientific conferences
- Professional development, including preparing for positions in the professoriate
Potential applicants should have a strong interest in a faculty career, want to pursue research that falls within the mission of the NIGMS, and be no more than 2 years post-degree conferral. December 2022 graduates are welcome to apply. Women and individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, as well as individuals with disabilities, are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional information about the program can be found on their website.
Leave a Reply