Walk-in Wednesdays with Career Services – for BGS students
Every Wednesday, 12-2 p.m., BRB 160
In a survey sent out to students in the spring by Career Services, one of the main reasons that students said they hadn’t yet met with a career advisor was that it was hard for them to find the time to come to Career Services for appointments or our daily walk-ins. In response to this feedback, we are coming to you! Every Wednesday from 12-2pm we will be in the BGS office (room 160 BRB) for walk-in hours. Stop by the BGS office on Wednesdays to take advantage of this opportunity to ask any career related questions during these 15-minute sessions. Here are some common topics and questions that can be discussed:
- What career-related questions should you be asking to prepare for future careers?
- What is Handshake, and how can you make the most out of it?
- What resources does Career Services have for career exploration?
- Review of applications (e.g., CV & cover letter) materials for postdocs
- Review of application materials (e.g., resume & cover letter) for other positions you are interested in
- Networking advice
- Interviewing advice
- Negotiation advice
- LinkedIn advice
- Job search advice
- What should I do after my PhD?
- Pretty much any career-related topic you have question about….
We look forward to meeting with you!
Graduate Student/Postdoc Advising Team